|Wild Goa Itinerary for January 2003|
Southern Birdwing is pleased to announce its Wild Goan activities for the month of January. "All Wild Goa trips are not just fun "n adventure trips but serious attempts to explore nature. We do not encourage frivolity.
T R I P S S C H E D U L E D for J A N.
12th Sun.- Wildgoa Jungle Calls at Bondla.
18th Sat.- Footprints in the Sands !
22nd Wed.- Making Friends With Birds!
12th Jan. : Wildgoa Jungle Calls at Bondla.
- The meeting point: Outside the canteen, 7am till noon.
- Description: Ready for some real forest birding? Then join us for some birding at tiny Bondla wildlfe sanctuary , where we hope to spot fairy bluebird, paradise flycatcher ,blackheaded yellow bulbul, shama, forest wagtail, malabar grey hornbill, heartspotted woodpecker, pygmy woodpecker, malabar trogon, large green barbet, velvet fronted nuthatch, bluebearded bee-eater, grey junglefowl etc.
- Participation fee: Rs. 50/- Adults and Rs. 25/- for students.
18th Jan. : Footprints in the Sands !
- The meeting point: Reismagos fort, near River Rays at 4 30pm till sundown.
- Description: Many tourists flock to Coco beach, Nerul -but few do so to marvel at the myriad seashore
life that is found by its rocky shelves. Go beachcombing with Deepak Apte, of the Bombay
Natural History Society who has authored the popular " Book Of Indian Seashells" as he shares secrets of the seas with us on this nature trail..
- Participation fee: Rs 50 for adults , Rs 25 for students.
Note: Earlier that afternoon, there will be a talk on conservation of marine resources by Mr Deepak Apte of the Bombay Natural History Society at the Goa Science Centre, miramar at 3:00 p.m. He will also speak about traditional fishing and impact of mechanisation.
22nd Jan. : Making Friends With Birds!
- The meeting point: Goa Science Centre, Miramar at 4 pm.
- Description: Birds have fascinated, mystified and inspired mankind for thousands of years.
Through a simple slide show conducted by Southern Birdwing , learn how to get closer to
birds and discover a whole new world outside your window !
- Participation fee: There is no participation fee, Goa Science centre will charge their usual entry fee of Rs
10 per person.
Looking forward to hearing from YOU at the earliest.